Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this funciton is responsible for assisting providers (MD, DO, NP, PA) and patients in a medical office/clinic or specialty clinic setting. Under the supervision of a provider, the RN performs patient care, front and back office processes. Functions as a liaison between the providers, patients, staff, pharmacies, and other facilities.
The RN will perform the responsibilities listed below in support of the smooth operations of the clinic and OptumCare mission and vision. Holidays may be required.
- Meet ambulatory RN clinical competencies
- Practice as a Registered Nurse including patient assessment, planning intervention and evaluation
- Perform telephone triage as required
- Follow standard work for patient care process
- Implement orders as directed by Provider and licensed care team member
- Ensure documentation is complete, accurate and timely: reflecting patients plan of care
- Function as patient educator for home blood sugar testing, diabetic education, etc. office visits or hospital discharge and phone contact to high risk patients
- Implement operating policies and procedures, quality assurance plans, and work standards according to OCMG’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Works collaboratively with Centralized Services to support patient needs
- Train, supervise and assist staff in a variety of workflows and procedures
- Demonstrate continued development of clinical expertise, current knowledge of healthcare trends, and knowledge and ability
- Ensures all OSHA, HIPAA and other regulations are followed
- Follows proper reporting protocols for any compliance or incident reporting as needed
- Attend assigned or mandatory meetings and trainings as required
- Other duties and responsibilities, not specifically described, maybe defined or assigned consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate degree in Nursing
- Current, active Registered Nurse license in the state of California
- Basic Life Support
- 2+ years RN experience
- 1+ years of experience with IV and Infusion (floor nursing is considered)
- Hold and maintain a current/valid California driver’s license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Geriatric/home health/primary care experience
- Computer skills/keyboarding/typing and familiarity working with EMR
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.