Location: Hawthorne, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
We are seeking a Physician Assistant to join the Maternal and Fetal Medicine Department at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York. This is a unique position that would provide support for the providers in the department and work closely with our OB/GYN service lines to easily co-manage high risk obstetrical patients. The candidate would also work closely with our on-site sonographers, residents, genetic counselors and other support staff. With the physician and physician assistant (PA) relationship, PAs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. Other responsibilities would include participating and contributing to the growth of the entire women's health program. The candidate will be required to perform complex care coordination within the WMC Health Network, which will require travel as needed.
- Medical knowledge and understanding of pathophysiology, patient presentation, differential diagnosis, patient management, surgical principles, health promotion and disease prevention.
- Manage general medical conditions and chronic conditions.
- Identify the appropriate site of care for presenting conditions, including identifying emergent cases that require inpatient admission versus outpatient management.
- Order diagnostic testing, blood work, imaging studies.
- Review blood work results, notify patients of results in a timely manner
- Recognize concerns that require changes in patient management such as increased frequency in maternal / fetal testing or follow -ups ( New onset DM, IUGR)
- Differentiate between the normal and abnormal findings in anatomic, physiological, laboratory and other diagnostic data.
- Be familiar with electronic ordering of medications, diabetic supplies or any other equipment as needed.
- Assist MFM in reviewing and answering patient phone calls and messages
- Feedback to referring physicians as needed
- Identify appropriate interventions for prevention of conditions.
- Must be able to work various hours and cover various locations throughout the network based on business, practice and provider needs.
- Other duties as assigned by department leadership.
The successful candidate would require a minimum of one year experience in Obstetrical care. This is an employed position in our academic group with comprehensive benefits, CME and malpractice coverage. Must be able to travel to multiple practice locations throughout the network.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Successfully completed a graduate level physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation and Review Committee for Physician Assistants (ARC-PA)
Licenses / Certifications:
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) must be obtained prior to first day of employment
- Current valid license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the state department of education is required
- Current BLS certification is required
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC