Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a RN to join our General Medical team.
Sign On Eligiable
MEDICAL UNIT MISSION STATEMENTTO PROVIDE HIGHLY RELIABLE PATIENT CARE IN A SAFE, COMPASSIONATE AND RESPECTFUL ENVIRONMENT
ABOUT OUR UNITMedical has 26 private rooms, our primary patient population includes a little of everything! Including diabetes, sepsis, pancreatitis, GI bleeds, small bowel obstructions, pneumonia, alcohol withdrawal,substance abuse disorders, wounds/abscess/cellulitis and many others. We also take overflow from our sister units, Cardiopulmonary and Surgical.* Nurse Ratio: 1:5 (1:4 with high acuity)* CNA Ratio: 1:8* Telehealth Nurse Support in Every Room* EKG Monitoring
STAFF OPPORTUNITIESFellowship/Residency: St Luke's offers a new grad residency program (STAR) and Bootcamp for all our new grads. These programs will help our new grads gain the skills needed to build confidence and proficiency.Professional Growth: We are invested in your personal growth. The medical floor provides an amazing opportunity for you to gain a strong foundation in nursing and to apply all of your skills and knowledge in a safe supportive environment. Medical-Surgical Certification: After two years of practice we encourage and support all of our staff in getting their med-surg certification. St Luke's offers tuition reimbursement and preparation classes for those who choose to get certified.
STAFF ENGAGEMENTWe pride our selves on teamwork. We are always striving to create a supportive culture for new graduate and experienced nurses alike.We have a staff meditation room available that allows staff a place to get away and recharge (With Massage Chair) Self care is a priority.
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's of Nursing Degree preferred
- Experience: 1+ years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Twin Falls
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.