$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
This role primarily provides medical care and management to members served by the Landmark program who request urgent visits to the IDT team during daytime and/or swing hours (8-hour shifts). This position also participates in new patient enrollment, post-discharge visits, and gathering clinical information for medical necessity determinations for service requests. Dedicated to improving the health and well-being of members, this position collaborates within longitudinal Landmark provider and/or the PCP as needed to discuss immediate and ongoing patient care needs.
Schedule: Saturday-Sunday 10am-8pm
Location: Field Based in Des Moines, Iowa, and surrounding areas
- Practices in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations governing the practice of registered nurses
- During the visit, promptly communicates with the longitudinal provider and/or pod leader to discuss patient assessment and receive/document/implement orders received
- Comfortable with basic procedures of nursing care, including IV placement, blood draws, injections, foley catheters, nasal packing, wound care, etc.
- Competes the required documentation in a timely manner (goal: during or immediately after the visit) allowing the care team access to the care provided and a note to be generated for co-signature
- Competency in care for core chronic disease condition of internal medicine and their respective exacerbations (e.g., COPD, Heart Failure, Diabetes, Kidney Disease, Wounds, Infections, etc.)
- Communicates to and participates in discussions with the on-call and other team members regarding urgent call matters that may require close patient follow-up or alteration of the care plan
- Completes follow-up and post-hospital assessments according to documented standard operating procedures
- Implements appropriate diagnostics and completes interventions received via verbal order (?) from longitudinal provider/pod leader as appropriate, to avoid unnecessary transfers/acute admissions
- Consults with hospital physicians following notifications of member transfer
- Works with the Regional Medical Director (RMD) and physician pod leaders to develop quality improvement programs and provides feedback regarding needed equipment and training to ensure maximum value to the RN Urgentivist position
- Educates members and/or their caregivers in disease processes and ways to manage them effectively
- Participates in management meetings that include, but may not be limited to:
- Daily huddle calls
- Weekly case conference reviews
- Monthly staff meetings
- Quarterly Quality Improvement Committee meetings
- Continuing education/journal club programs
- On-call for caseload during business hours
- Keeps current on relevant medical and nursing research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses, professional meetings, and journal reviews
- Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigned
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with other
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
- Computer literacy - Experience in electronic health records
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) (LPN) OR Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Nursing (RN)
- Reside in Iowa and hold an active unrestricted LPN or RN License in the state of Iowa and Illinois
- 1+ years of experience evaluating, assessing, and providing patient care
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
- Ability to travel 75%+ of the time within assigned area
- Access to reliable transportation to conduct patient visits
- Comfortable working with electronic medical records and mobile technology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years clinical experience; Emergency Room, Urgent care, or ICU care experience
- Urgent care, emergency room, or community home health experience
- IV or blood draw certification
- Comfortable working with MS Teams and MS Outlook
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach. Charisma and a natural ability to connect with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on empathy and building rapport with patients
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.