$3,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Schedule: 4 days a week with 10 hour shifts 9:00am – 7:30 pm or 3 days a week with 12 hour shifts 9:00 am – 9:00 PM. Working every other weekend. With the option of Overtime.
- Collect Patient Information: Vital signs, physical exam, point of care testing (E.g. – glucose levels), venipuncture, EKG, medication compliance and reconciliation, adherence to discharge instructions, etc.
- Patient treatment and procedures: Skilled at phlebotomy and IV placement and therapy, Catheter care and replacement. Administering nebulizer treatments, and teaching proper protocol, wound care, medication administration, etc. Treatment directives are only per the supervising Landmark Provider’s direction
- Patient education: Common chronic conditions and education topics include congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, hypertension, fall risk assessment, overall health literacy per the direction of the Landmark Provider
- Landmark Provider collaboration: Skilled at concise and articulate communication to remotely discuss evaluation and treatment with supervising Landmark Provider. This collaboration will occur during every patient visit unless the Field Nurse is following an approved Landmark protocol (e.g. Post-Hospital Visit)
- Care coordination: Schedule follow-up telephonic or in-home interactions as needed
- Documentation: Assist supervising Landmark Provider with documenting findings and outcomes of the visit
- Other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/ GED (or higher) OR 2+ years of experience providing patient care
- Current LPN or RN license in state of Pennsylvania
- CPR OR BLS Certified
- Access to reliable transportation and valid Drivers License; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ year experience in IV placement, Catheter care, re/placement and phlebotomy
- 1+ years of Urgent care, emergency room, or community home health experience
- 1+ years of experience providing patient care
- Comfortable working with electronic medical records and mobile technology
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach. Charisma and a natural ability to connect with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on empathy and building rapport with patients
- Experience in rapid evaluation and treat setting
Below are the physical requirements which are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel frequently by car
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.