Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System is seeking a Patient Diabetes Educator (RD) to join our Children's Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes team.
This highly specialized team receives recognition as an Accredited ADA site (American Diabetes Association) for meeting high standards in quality care and delivering diabetes education to patients and families. As a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist on our care team, you'd have the privilege to work with patients in both the in-patient and out-patient setting. Our team cares for just over 650 type 1 diagnosed children. This is a dynamic and rewarding position with variety in the day-to-day work including support and education in a 1:1 inpatient or private clinic appt setting, triage, and support to our Endocrinologists and their patients during diabetes clinic.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Monday - Friday, variable day hours. Position requires after hours and weekend on call (rotated scheduled).
- Educates patients on their diabetes diagnosis, provides guidance on appropriate self-management, and collaborates with physicians or other care provides in the development of an individualized care plan.
- Trains patients or their caregivers to check blood glucose levels, administers insulin, and identify and responds to hypoglycemia.
- Provides nutritional counseling, meal planning, and weight control advice meant to assist patients in managing blood glucose levels.
- Provides comprehensive education to clients who have self-selected the learning opportunity.
- Provides individualized patient teaching and support to patients based on the specific needs and learning ability of the patient.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or related field.
- Experience: 2 years relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Registered Dietitian AND Certified Diabetes Educator (CDCES)
- Familar with diabetic population in pediatric stting
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please reach out to Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.