Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG) is seeking a patient-centric, passionate physician to join the Maternal Fetal Medicine Team in the Department of Womens Health in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Maternal Fetal Medicine group provides our healthcare system with inpatient services as well as consultative high risk care in multiple ambulatory clinics across the Phoenix metropolitan area. We cover services in Central Phoenix on the campus of a quaternary academic hospital, as well as services in Gilbert and Chandler (East Valley of Phoenix) for two hospitals that are growing their Womens and Childrens services. All hospitals covered with OB Hospitalist programs.
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital located in Phoenix, Arizona, that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area, is the flagship hospital of Dignity Health, and a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health system in the US. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved. Level IV maternal level of care services with medical transfers from around the Arizona Region. Neonatal care provided at our Level IV NICU staffed by Neonatologists from the Phoenix Children's Hospital.
In the East Valley of Phoenix, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center is a 197-bed hospital which will be opening a new Womens and Children Pavilion in 2023. The new center will provide increased access to maternity and pediatric care and will offer Level III Obstetrical Care for normal and high-risk pregnancies, including a state-of-the-art 60-bed Level III NICU. Chandler Regional Medical Center is a full-service, 429-bed acute-care and trauma level 1 hospital, with approximately 78,000 emergency department and 5,000 trauma activations annually. It is a primary stroke center, has cardiovascular and cardiac surgery services, and neurosurgery. Combined, our East Valley facilities deliver over 7,000 babies/year with growth anticipated with the opening of the Women and Childrens Pavilion.
Dignity Health Medical Group has an academic affiliation with Creighton University School of Medicine (CUSOM). Creighton University now has a full Phoenix presence with a four-year medical school, nursing school, pharmacy school, occupational/physical therapy schools, and physician assistant school within a mile of the St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center campus. This expansion will ensure that Arizonaand DHMGare doing their part to contribute to top-notch training of future medical professionals. DHMG currently provides educational instruction to over 35 OBGYN residents within our Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance at the St Josephs Hospital campus.
CommonSpirit is developing a Graduate Medical Education program at its hospitals in Gilbert and Chandler, Arizona, with plans to also have OB/GYN, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, General Surgery, and Emergency Medicine residency programs starting soon.
- MD or DO Degree and Active Board Certification
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Completed ACGME Residency training with current Board Certification
- Completion of Maternal Fetal Medicine fellowship
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Is a team-oriented provider that is passionate about providing quality care to all in need
- Consultative services
- Expert in high risk maternal and fetal care, and perinatal ultrasound. Practice is AIUM accredited.
- Interest in educating fellows, residents, and students
- Research or similar academic activities are strongly encouraged
- Call and shifts are distributed equally among the team of perinatologists, approximately 1 week per month.
- Candidates are encouraged to develop service lines of particular interest to them and mentor/educate our staff
- Be member of a fantastic team including genetic counselors, sonographers, RNs, diabetic educator, and dedicated office/support staff
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time employed physician position. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- DHMG is a physician-led, clinically integrated, academic medical group
- Competitive salary, benefits & a matched 403B retirement package in addition to a separate employer funded pension plan
- Opportunity for an academic appointment with Creighton University
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation, if qualited
- CME benefits
Dignity Health, one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation, is a growing organization with well-resourced, modern facilities and diverse practice opportunities. With more than 39 acute care hospitals in three states and 9,000 physicians, Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves.
Dignity Health Medical Group is the employed physician group serving the Arizona Service Area. Covering over 45 practice sites, complementing clinical services with translational and bench research, our integrated medical group employs in excess of 250 healthcare providers throughout the valley. Dignity Health Medical Group is continuously expanding in order to meet the needs of the growing patient population in Arizona. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization.
Phoenix is an ideal place to raise a family and offers excellent schools and nationally ranked state universities. With professional sports teams, wonderful restaurants, incomparable shopping and excellent housing options, the Phoenix area is one of the most highly desirable places to live in the country. Dependable sunshine and warm temperatures make outdoor activities a way of life with our numerous lakes and mountains for hiking, skiing, or fishing just a few hours away.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.