UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
*** $3,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates ***
This Onsite Health Engagement Nurse position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse to work to promote engagement in clinical/disease management programs, helping to improve member healthcare decisions. The ideal candidate will have experience providing health education on an individual and group level, and will utilize analytic data to improve employee engagement, affordability and decision making, to deliver high impact results. The onsite nurse will help empower members to make better healthcare decisions and connect them with the appropriate resources. This position focuses on health education, behavior modification, health care consumerism with UHC and Optum products, and engagement in the wellness program offerings. This is a field-based position.
- Educate members on health education and condition management (formal and informal), as well as plan specifics and member resources, in collaboration with OptumHealth
- Referral of employees to available clinical programs including premium designated physicians
- Create, manage, and implement employer specific programs based on employer needs
- Monitors and analyzes customer specific health analytic data and develops targeted data driven strategic plans and programs; provides support to clinical programs; may perform clinical assessments, non-invasive biometric screenings and associated health education and counseling
- Clinical interface with facilities and providers for resolution of issues concerning members, benefit interpretation, program definition and clarification
- Knowledge of community resources for referral and community outreach
This position requires up to 25% out of state travel.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered Nurse with active and unrestricted license for state of residence
- 3+ years of clinical experience in a hospital, acute care, home health / hospice, direct care or care management
- Demonstrated solid presentation skills with proven experience delivering group presentations and 1:1 coaching
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel including the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- 3+ years of experience in managed care with significant program management experience
- Comfortable with individual and group presentations up to 50-100
- Previous wellness/disease management, program promotion, education, and development experience
- Diabetes education experience
- Case management experience and/ or Case Management Certification (CCM)
- Community outreach experience
- Possess familiarity in data analysis (utilization/program outcomes) and reporting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Self-starter: ability to work with senior leadership
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.