A partner of the Optum Care network, USMD, is seeking a Pediatric Physician to join our Mansfield Clinic located in Mansfield, TX. Mansfield, Texas is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and is ranked as the 15th most affluent town in the state of Texas. Home to some of the top-rated public schools in the state, Mansfield is conveniently located 15 minutes from Arlington, Texas – home of the Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers and only 25 minutes from DFW airport. There are 2 nationally ranked children’s hospitalist within 30 minutes for upper level and specialty care. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of heath care providers
- Our model is designed to provide the most efficient, comprehensive, and proven care techniques to treat the whole patient – physically, mentally, and socially – at each visit
- Bonus incentives are based on productivity and quality metrics
- What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Patient office visits including exams, procedures and prescription of therapies
- Attend and share Level One nursery round and 1:4 call (no delivery attendance)
- Provider clinically appropriate, compassionate, and effective treatment for health problems and prevention from birth to 18 years of age
- Ability and willingness to provide appropriate education and consultation with subordinates in either inpatient or outpatient settings
- Maintenance of active privileges with no restrictions at hospitals
- Competency in procedures selected to be performed as specified in delineation of privileges
- Demonstrated training and knowledge to perform major responsibilities listed above
- Interviewing techniques with special emphasis on behavioral, psychosocial and family unit issues
- Diagnosis and management of acute episodic medical illness commonly encountered in pediatric populations
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute problems associated with chronic disease, such as asthma and diabetes, in conjunction with specialty providers as indicated
- Familiar with principles of discharge planning and continuity of care
- Base Salary plus Production and Quality Bonus Structure
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas/Ft. Worth area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi-specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.), or M.B.B.S
- Board certification or eligibility in Pediatrics
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Texas
- Valid DEA license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in a rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people through more than 64,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey www.workatoptum.com/provider .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.