Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
ChristianaCare is currently recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to work with our Outpatient Endocrinology Team. The selected candidate will work out of the MAP II practice at Christiana and the Springside practice. Practice hours are 8:00 to 4:30. This position is day shift, no weekends or holidays. The NP/PA will develop, direct and provide medical management and endocrinology component of care to patients in collaboration with The Endocrinology Specialists physicians.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct care to endocrinology patients, demonstrating knowledge of diabetes as well as other endocrinology diseases and displays the ability to interpret information that identifies patient needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention and helps find solutions to problematic patient issues.
- Assesses health status of patients in ambulatory and acute care settings, through physical examinations and review of medical history.
- Participates in the design and implementation of individualized diabetic or other endocrine management plans in collaboration with staff physicians, registered dietitians, health psychologists, exercise physiologists, etc.
- Provides supervision of patients' health status; management of patient medical treatment and medication in collaboration with the physician.
- Initiates and interprets of laboratory, x-rays and other diagnostic tests and results as necessary and appropriate.
- Evaluates medical information obtained from performing physical examinations and testing. Prescribes medication and independently initiates treatment.
- Prepares and dictates patients progress notes, history and physicals as well as consult letters to referring physicians and health care providers.
- Coordinates initial and follow-up health education through teaching and counseling.
- Utilizes teaching/learning principles coupled with an expert clinical knowledge base to promote and provide education to the patient and their family.
- Acts as a liaison for patients, families, and health professionals.
- Participates in continuing education, and maintains required credentials.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with medical director and administration regarding administrative issues of DMDC.
- Diagnoses and treats according to the Endocrinology Specialists treatment guidelines.
- Provides nursing services including immunizations, counseling, screening tests compatible with nursing practice guidelines.
- Consults with the medical director on medical quality assurance.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master's degree as an Advance Practice Nurse or as a Physician Assistant
- Experience with Diabetes and other Endocrinology Diseases preferred
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Delaware
Internal Number: JR55129
About Christiana Care
Christiana Care is growing and seeks physicians of all disciplines, from primary care through specialty and leadership positions. We also have tremendous opportunities for physician assistants and advanced practice registered nurses. We offer you: Inspiring, fast-paced, team-based practice environments; Epic EMRs and innovative medical technologies and treatments; Accessible leaders who listen to, value and appreciate you; Colleagues who’ve trained at other nationally respected medical centers; Support for your ideas, opinions and contributions. It’s the best of nationally recognized academic and community-based medicine, with you at the center. Bring us your passion for care and clinical excellence as well as your desire to make a difference. We’ll provide you with a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits, continuing education and recognition programs, and much more. Find your new job right now.