Help lead health care into the future. Make real change in health care with the freedom to innovate and highly trained staff to execute your vision. Our leaders are at the forefront of health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
The Banner Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility is a 91-bed facility affiliated with the Banner Health System We are not for profit facility. Our Nursing (Nurse/CNA) Patient ratios are 1:10 which is very generous in the SNF environment. The facility has a highly engaged Medical Director and Telehealth services 7PM to 7AM to assure our patients have 24/7 access to provider coverage. We pride ourselves on our excellent Therapy Team and Nursing Care who provide great patient care and assist our patients in getting to their next transition in care. We are proud of our length of stay which discharges patients to their next transition in care in just the right time where they can continue their recovery in the comforts of a more homelike environment. The person who fills this Director role will be a forward thinker, you will be a coach and mentor to our RN leadership and staff. You will be the subject matter expert regarding documentation proving skilled need for the SNF environment, and willing to be a key resource for the facility. You will also get to play an active role in process improvement committees where your ideas are valued . We are seeking a highly energized leader who is a "present leader" innovative in their approach and has a proven talent of implantation/execution on given initiatives. Hours for this Exempt position are Monday - Friday and after hours as needed. The position reports to the Sr. Director of the SNF. A door is always there to open. We are always looking for creative ways to open doors for our employees and to be flexible to provide growth opportunities.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Help patients return to as independent a lifestyle as possible at the Skilled Nursing Facility at Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center. This short-term, inpatient rehabilitation facility is designed to maximize each patient's functional abilities. Some of the most common care pathways at the skilled facility include recovery from hip fractures, stroke, diabetes, joint replacement and debility/weakness.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides strategic leadership and administration in the areas of patient care, education, safety and quality in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position promotes a professional practice environment and develops and maintains collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the system to positively impact the business of clinical operations, nursing and patient care outcomes. These partnerships include an ongoing collaboration with physician, facility and organizational leaders. Responsibilities include all aspects of clinical operations, clinician and patient/family education, customer service, patient safety, financial outcomes, and quality outcome management. Responsibilities also include compliance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that pertain to the skilled nursing facility setting.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of planning structures and processes designed to optimize organizational outcomes. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Communicates with patients, families, medical and nursing staff, and other interdisciplinary team members to coordinate care and maintain outstanding quality of care and customer service. Facilitates the coordination of care between the nursing department and other facility departments, utilizing the expertise of others to enhance nursing service in the provision of patient care and patient services. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Develops, implements, maintains, and revises as necessary an orientation program for new nursing staff, both frontline and managerial staff. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
2. Provides infrastructure and systems to empower staff to contribute to organizational goals and achieve desired outcomes. Creates processes for sharing information and decision-making across care settings and roles. Develops strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization to positively impact business, nursing and patient outcomes. Oversees the management of financial, human and material resources, to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and goals and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and policies. Creates and supports a clinical practice environment focused on nursing professional autonomy, inter-professional collaboration and innovation.
3. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations, ensures a nursing staff that is competent in patient assessment and in the provision of nursing interventions, and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
4. Leads the integration of innovation and evidence based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Oversees nursing participation in the care planning process in the facility. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
5. Optimizes patient safety through such matters as appropriate staff coverage in the facility, observance of the falls reduction program, compliance with infection control policies, and adherence to practices intended to prevent pressure wounds. Assists in determining whether the facility can meet each patient's needs, at the time of admission as well as throughout the patient's stay. Fosters a clean, odor-free, and clutter-free environment. Promotes compliance with all organizational safety rules, policies, and practices. Follows Banner Health and the facility procedures for managing complaints and grievances.
6. Works in concert with Banner Health's educational resources to make certain staff have the knowledge and skills to effectively care for patients admitted to the facility. Ensures staff have access to all mandatory education for the long-term care/skilled nursing setting.
7. Remains well-prepared to be successful in the annual Arizona Department of Health Services survey, and prepares staff to be survey-ready.
8. Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources and quality outcomes meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data. Leads the effective management of human resources to include staff turnover and retention outcomes and staff satisfaction.
9. Responsible for the function and strategic development of a clinical department(s) within a facility. Accountable for clinical outcomes and ensuring clinical excellence. Coordinates services with other leaders and administrators to achieve goals. Internal customers include facility and system management, staff, and physicians. External customers include, among others, patients, families and regulatory agencies.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position within two years of hire. Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through three to five years of progressive care management experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other related healthcare facility. Requires demonstrated experience of at least one year's duration leading and/or managing clinical operations. Requires strong written and oral communication skills. Must demonstrate strong decision-making and critical thinking skills along with the ability to lead change.
Must be familiar with computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BSN or MSN degree. Three to five years' experience in a management role in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other related healthcare facility. Prior experience working in a "short stay" rehabilitation-focused skilled nursing facility.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19279
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.