The Clinical Dietitian is responsible for nutrition risk screening, nutrition patient assessments, education/instructions, community projects and related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assures the provision of quality nutrition care through assessment of the nutritional status of patients of all ages (pediatrics, adolescents, adult-young, and geriatric) and provides education and counseling to patients (inpatient and/or outpatient) and /or family members on therapeutic diets as prescribed by physician.
2. Provides recommendations based on the assessments of the medical record including supplements, nutrition support and calorie counts.
3. Communicates/interacts with members of the Health Care Team via personal conversation and medical records for better patient care.
4. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
5. Assists with nutrition and diabetes education and community projects.