We are looking for highly motivated Certified Diabetes Educators to help us pilot a new holistic diabetes management digital service program designed for people living with Type 2 diabetes. The candidate should have the expertise, but want to practice a different, more individualized approach to supporting people living with Type 2 diabetes.
As we develop this program, our mission is to support and accelerate people’s personal journey to a happy and healthy life beyond managing diabetes. This is an opportunity to craft a new approach for diabetes support that will be scaled to a larger, more global patient population over the next few years.
LOCATION: West Region or East Region - work virtually from home
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
• Provide compassionate, human support for our participants in the program. Develop rapport with individual participants. Patient work caseload of at least 30 patients to start.
• Working side-by-side with patients. This role will incorporate the patient’s mind, body, and environment to offer practical and actionable steps to better understand and control their health and well-being.
• Recommend short, time-based challenges for the patient to try to get in better control of their diabetes, using a provided set of digital and physical tools/resources.
• Provide guidance, encouragement, and collaboration to figure out what works for people living with diabetes and the realities of their lives.
• Act as a consultant to the ADC medical, commercial, and technical team to help design and develop the role and necessary patient/guide tools to do the job well.
• Work with the Sr. CDE Guide/Content Manager to hire, onboard, train, and lead the Company’s contracted CDE guides.
• Collaborates with the Sr. CDE Guide design and lead a diabetes coaching curriculum for the contracted diabetes guides. The guide will support users who are dealing with difficult emotions and stress from diabetes.
• Must have fluency reviewing and interpreting patient’s data and trends in order to provide personalized support.
• Contributes, under the supervision of the Sr. CDE Guide, to the planning and implementation of ADC scientific programs including congresses and KOL meetings and coordinate medical Information support activities at key congress exhibits with oversight.
• Handle all tasks/assignments in compliance with all ADC corporate policies, and SOPs.
• Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian, preferably with a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) accreditation.
• Bachelor’s degree required: Preferred concentration in health promotion, health education, nursing, athletic training, nutrition, or counseling.
• Demonstrated experience building new programs for diabetes education; holistic approach is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting patients living with Type 2 diabetes.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to effectively communicate with patients over phone and chat vehicles.
• Experienced and comfortable utilizing online tools and patient portals.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence and build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels and personalities.
• Ability to understand the challenges that growing startups and larger organizations have staying productive, creative, and engaging is required; prior experience working for a start-up company will be a plus.
• Demonstrated success in building relationships and effectively communicating with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Familiarity with Ascensia Diabetes Care products and services is a plus.
• Ability to travel – approximately 20% of the time.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred, but not required.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
•Understanding and exposure to US payer landscape. •Experience managing culturally diverse teams.
YOUR APPLICATION: Ascensia offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and are driven by innovation and the desire to improve the lives of our patients, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of five business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Ascensia does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Ascensia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: ADC-0191
About Ascensia Diabetes Care
Ascensia Diabetes Care is a global specialist diabetes care company, dedicated to helping people living with diabetes. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration, and openness, and have established ourselves as a leader in diabetes for over 70 years. Our mission is to empower people living with diabetes through innovative solutions that simplify and improve their lives. We use our innovation and specialist expertise in diabetes to develop high quality solutions and tools that make a positive, daily difference for people with diabetes.
Ascensia Diabetes Care was established in 2016 through the sale of Bayer Diabetes Care to Panasonic Healthcare Holdings Co., Ltd, a KKR portfolio company and our products are sold in more than 125 countries. During our first year we launched Contour Next One globally – which was our entry to the digital landscape of diabetes management and solutions for patients. Ascensia has around 1,700 employees and operations in 33 countries and with our strong customer focus of helping people with diabetes, there is a shared passion among employees about our work because we know that we are making a difference and improving people’s lives.