Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Provide high quality health care to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost effective manner and in accordance with accepted professional practice standards.
Essential Responsibilities: • Provide high-quality health care through direct assessment, diagnosis, and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for patients with common acute and chronic illnesses and injuries (may include performing histories and physicals; ordering, interpreting, and following up on diagnostic studies; ordering medications; assisting with surgery; performing minor surgery; rounding on patients; and assuming on-call responsibilities). Perform health maintenance services, including patient education, for well members. Refer patients for specialty consultations or difficult problems. Document in writing all care in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards. Provide all medical care in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician), and State licensing guidelines.
• Coordinate, develop or organize patient or department services or programs. Example include, but are not limited to: Assist in developing department/hospital protocols. Screen incoming department referrals. Coordinate CME activities for department. Develop written patient education materials. Provide in-service training. Proctor NP students. Chair or participate on committees such as Breastfeeding Task Force, Regional Controlled Substance Abuse Committee, etc.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• Two (2) years of outpatient diabetic patient-care management experience, including insulin pumps
• Graduate of ANA-approved NP training program or equivalent requirements to meet State Licensure.
• High school diploma or GED.
License, Certification, Registration
• NP: National certification.
• Current Oregon AND Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
• Current Oregon AND Washington State NP License required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
• Prescription registration.
• National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
• Thorough and working knowledge of all common diseases in specialty field; familiarity with less common diseases.
• Working knowledge of State health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
• Important to know limitations and when to refer patients.
• Ability to assess, diagnose and effectively treat common medical diseases and injuries.
• Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
• Minor surgery or surgical assist skills.
Internal Number: 715678
About Kaiser Permanente
America's leading nonprofit integrated health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves over 10.6 million members, 38 hospitals, 626 medical centers and other facilities in eight states and the District of Columbia. Thanks to the dedication of our more than 250,000 employees, nurses and physicians, in a single year we may schedule more than 40 million outpatient visits, deliver more than 100,000 babies, perform nearly 224,000 inpatient surgeries, and conduct nearly 80 million prescription refills.*
Focused on the health and well-being of our members and communities, the people of Kaiser Permanente continually elevate the state of health care with progressive products, services, and advancements. We come from many different backgrounds, but we all believe in taking a proactive role in health and well-being. That means we don't just recommend what the latest research shows, we conduct our own research. We treat our members, colleagues, and communities as family, and uphold the trust they place in us by safeguarding their privacy. We have high expectations for ourselves and each other. We believe in spreading health—online, offline, through educational programs and awareness campaigns, and t...hrough good ol' word of mouth. We practice well-care as well as sick-care, and advocate prevention as well as treatment. We discuss, debate, and shape public policy. We walk for the cure, buckle up for safety, bike for the cause, and run for the joy of it (and sometimes for that cookie we ate at lunch). We believe pink ribbons and yellow bracelets make more than fashion statements. And we believe in our power to make a difference. We are Kaiser Permanente and we stand for health. Yours. Ours. And everyone's.