Saddleback Memorial’s centers of excellence are renowned for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer, heart disease, stroke, pulmonary disease, orthopedics and diabetes; and for leadership in emergency medicine, critical care medicine, breast health, outpatient rehabilitation, advanced imaging, women’s health, geriatric care and surgery, including robotic-assisted procedures.
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center (Orange County, CA) has consistently been named one of Healthgrades’ America’s 50 Best Hospitals, an achievement gained by just 1% of the nation’s hospitals. It has also been honored among Truven Health Analytics’ Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S., consecutively voted Orange County’s #1 Best Hospital in the Orange County Register’s Best of Orange County poll of readers and has appeared on both Becker’s Hospital Review and Thomson Reuters’ lists of America’s Best Hospitals. Saddleback Memorial’s U.S. News & World Report “high-performance” ranking categories included Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Under the general supervision of the Director, this position is responsible for the overall and is accountable to support the capital budgets, supply/equipment purchases, supply/equipment evaluation and contract/purchasing agreements. This position requires collaboration and effective communication with the Director, Data Systems Coordinator, managers and service coordinators within perioperative services to ensure an efficient and cost effective OR, instrument, and equipment process is maintained. Other responsibilities include the participation in the interviewing/hiring, orientation, ongoing education and
evaluation of the SPD (Sterile Processing Department) staff members and provision of leadership to provide unit operations/supplies/equipment for the assigned service.
Examples of duties include:
* Overseeing the activity of SPD Technicians in the following essential functions: maintaining, cleaning, packaging, processing storing clean and sterile instrumentation.
* Maintenance and operation of equipment used in processing surgical instrumentation.
* Order and stock supplies from Materials vendors and, updates and educates staff on SPD policy and procedures.
* Maintaining the sterilization logs and reporting to infection control and environmental care.
* The Sterile Processing Supervisor functions in the SPD Technician role only as needed.
Minimum of 1 year Supervisory Experience in Sterile Processing preferred