Providence is calling a ( Full Time / Day Shift ) Advanced Practice Pharmacist at our Wilshire Clinic located in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide expertise and vision to Facey leadership in regards to clinical and fiscalpharmacotherapy issues.
- Work collaboratively with primary care physicians,specialists, staff and leadership to develop programs that improve patientoutcomes through appropriate medication management.
- Develop andimplement methods to measure the results of these programs to justifyexpansion and drive quality improvement.
- Provide coordinated, comprehensive, high-quality care to Faceypatients.
- Be responsible for theevaluation, interpretation and management of patient's medication therapies toimprove the quality and outcomes of healthcare provided to our patients andcontrol costs.
- Support clinicians and other health care providers throughcollaborative drug therapy management services, medication conversion programsand other functions to ensure that the use of pharmaceutical agents is rationaland cost-effective.
- Interact with other departments and present reportsand findings to Facey leadership as needed to perform the duties of thisposition.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Doctorate of Pharmacy from acollege or school of pharmacy accredited by ACPE
- Current valid California Pharmacistlicense
- ASHP-Accredited PGY-1Residency ( General Practice, Ambulatory Care or Community Pharmacy )
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- PGY-2 Residency ( Ambulatory Care, Pharmacoeconomics, Managed Care )
- Certification in Pharmacotherapy, Ambulatory Care, Diabetes or Geriatrics
- Greater than 3 years of advanced practice pharmacy experience in program development, disease state management with prescriptive authority and medication use evaluations
About the Region you will serve.
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Anchored by five award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence provides a full spectrum of care that includes a range of specialties, signature services, outpatient and home care and the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute, a group of physicians and primary and urgent care clinics throughout the greater San Fernando Valley and South Bay. Providence is focused on providing the communities it serves with preventive care, education and leading-edge diagnostics and treatment. The organization includes numerous outreach programs. hospice and home care and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacists
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 153836