Providence is calling a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE & RD) (Full Time) to our Facey Patient Education location in Canyon Country, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provides one-on-one and group teaching of diabetes management and insulin pump therapy to patients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE).
- Bachelor's degree in Foods and Nutrition and American Dietetic Association Registration required (RD).
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers.
- Three years experience in diabetes management working with adults and children in an out-patient environment.
- Must have PC knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have properly insured vehicle available at all times to be able to offer educational programs at all Facey sites and throughout the community.
- Must be willing to teach at multiple sites during daytime and evening hours.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree
- Insulin Pump certification preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish / English)
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, San Gabriel and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-Canyon Country
Req ID: 150017