The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for preparing for dispensing unit dose medications and IV admixtures, medication delivery rounds to nursing units, medication charge/credits, ordering, receiving and checking drug inventory, etc.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Adheres to all Hospital/Departmental Policies. Must be able to explain policy and procedures accurately.
· Accurately fills, checks and re-checks all orders (stats, unit dose, IVs, floor stock, etc. ) to prevent errors.
· Accurately labels all medications prior to pharmacist checking order. Does NOT dispense any medication without a pharmacist's approval.
· Fills all cart fill reports, crash carts, anesthesia drug kits, floor stock, and departmental requests daily as needed.
· Runs reports, fills below PAR report, maintains proper documentation.
· Coordinates buying efforts closely with the buyer to ensure adequate supplies are maintained.
· Prepackages medications as needed.
· Employee maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance and work area. Restock and rotate stock in unit-dose, IV admixture areas.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Safety and Infection Control (i.e. uses aseptic technique while preparingLVP, IVPB, TPN, PCA, Epidural, Chemos, etc) Policies and Procedures. Reports any unsafe/unsanitary practices and conditions to the director.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings, general assembly meetings, teams, programs, committees, and functions as required.
· Displays ability to prioritize workload, strives to make good use of time; works to complete all tasks within time frames, recognizes when additional effort is needed and takes action without being asked, reports free time to supervisor; and assists others as requested.
· Consistently prepares narcotics and maintenance of proper record keeping.
· Is in compliance with Holy Cross Hospital Attendance Standards.
· Employee shows ability to work well under pressure in a busy atmosphere.
· Strives to improve recognized personal weaknesses; sets goals and works diligently to achieve them. Willingly accepts suggestions for improvements.
· Put away drug orders and maintain proper documentation.
· Maintains all pharmacy logs/records as defined by depart.policies and procedures (cart fill check list, refridge logs, etc)
· Completes other duties/projects as assigned by manager/director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Education and/or licensure requirements
· Bilingual a plus but not required.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· PTCB Certification preferred.
· Illinois licensed pharmacy technician by the Department of Professional Regulations.