Saddleback Memorial’s centers of excellence are renowned for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer, heart disease, stroke, pulmonary disease, orthopedics and diabetes; and for leadership in emergency medicine, critical care medicine, breast health, outpatient rehabilitation, advanced imaging, women’s health, geriatric care and surgery, including robotic-assisted procedures.
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center has consistently been named one of Healthgrades’ America’s 50 Best Hospitals, an achievement gained by just 1% of the nation’s hospitals. It has also been honored among Truven Health Analytics’ Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S., consecutively voted Orange County’s #1 Best Hospital in the Orange County Register’s Best of Orange County poll of readers and has appeared on both Becker’s Hospital Review and Thomson Reuters’ lists of America’s Best Hospitals. Saddleback Memorial’s U.S. News & World Report “high-performance” ranking categories included Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Works under the direction of the Registered Nurses, is responsible for assisting the patient when delegated care activities are requested. Ensures prompt timely assistance which contributes to the patient’s progress toward discharge. Care activities include patient data collection, oral care, bathing, activities of daily living. Participates in quality patient care delivery, efficient patient flow and effective communication with health care team. Integration of patient care standards are incorporated into all clinical activities.
Position requires the full understanding thru active participation in fulfilling the Saddleback Memorial Medical Center (SMMC) Mission and ABC’s core values. Employee understands and supports the organizations Strategic Plan, Lean Initiatives for Continuous Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, and Patient Centered Care.
* Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform assigned activities.
* Participates in processes that improve standards of care and practice in the delivery of patient care.
* Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform tasks/interventions according to hospital standards.
* Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently use equipment in the delivery of patient care.
* Demonstrates current knowledge of all job expectations/requirements in keeping with hospital standards.
* Addresses the age specific needs of all populations served: adolescent, adult and geriatric.