MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Registered Dietitian provides nutritional care and education to patients referred for diabetic management. This position will coordinate all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring education and counseling of patients within the clinical setting. Assess, evaluate and provide ongoing individualized Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) to promote adequate nutritional intake and normal glycemia for a pregnant woman who is preconception, postpartum or is pregnant and has diabetes.
- Provides nutritional care to patients.
- Assess patient nutritional needs. Complete referral data collection, interview, history form, prioritize needs.
- Interprets, negotiates, calculates, and executes MD orders for modified diets.
- Develops and implements nutrition care plans.
- Provides written and oral education to patients and families as ordered by an M.D
- Records and documents appropriate information in medical records. Processes and records patient charges for services.
- Evaluates patient skills and cognitive understanding by observation, discussion, study guides and follow-up calls as indicated.
- Develops, reviews and revises patient instructional material.
- Communicates with other departments.
- Attends CME programs on nutrition, or other related topics.
- Maintains nutrition acumen by regular review of publications, research studies, and literature searches.
- Updates statistical data on patients monthly or as requested.
- Develops personal goals and updates on an annual basis
- Maintain HIPPA compliance.
- Actively participates in assigned tasks, identification of needs, and other projects to meet the practice goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition (B.S.) from a four-year college or university.
- Must have a current state Regisitered Dietitian license.
- Have skill and understanding of prenatal nutrition.
- Have knowledge in the changing field of diabetes education.
- Have skill and understanding of a variety of complex devises used in diabetes management.
- Ability to make decisions of a complex nature on a daily basis.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.