MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
revenue cycle management solutions
performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) duties are to assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
- Maintain and possess a State Registered Nursing license.
- Prepares patient assessment reports from the hospital centers and forwards the reports to the physicians for validation.
- Performs testing and reports all results to physicians as well as documenting all findings in patient's medical record.
- Assists the physicians with patient visits and exams.
- Assists the physician with procedures, and properly labels and send specimens to appropriate labs.
- Schedules patient's as directed by the physician.
- Provides telephone triage and properly documents all patient, physician and other contacts.
- Performs medication administration as necessary using universal precautions and documenting appropriately in the patient's medical record (i.e. time, amount, route of administration, site of administration, and any patient reaction).
- Participates in revenue cycle by ensuring authorizations and referrals are in place and notifying the Billing Associate of needs for further authorizations.
- Documents correct CPT and ICD-10 codes for services provided.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates a caring attitude toward patients and their families.
- Treats all patients and their families with dignity and respect.
- Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner recognizing an individual's religious, ethical, and moral opinion/belief.
- Uses standards of patient satisfaction as a measure of effectiveness.
- Follows universal precautions and OSHA standards.
- Performs other assigned duties as directed.
- Must possess a current/valid license as a Registered Nurse in the state that they are providing services.
- Maintain and possess a state RN license.
- Must maintain CPR certification.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Diabetes education experience preferred.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status