| OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES.|
With the recent opening of Centegra Hospital-Huntley, fresh and progressive opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers in McHenry County. As the second health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® status, the newest addition to the Centegra family of hospitals has created growth-friendly openings throughout our system. If you seek a career where your professional development is a shared priority between you and your employer, we encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.
CERTIFIED DIABETES EDUCATOR
Based at our Diabetes Center at
Crystal Lake Medical Arts, Crystal Lake, Illinois
This professional will provide services as needed at multiple Centegra locations, including Centegra Hospital McHenry, Centegra Hospital Woodstock, and/or at satellite programs at Huntley and Crystal Lake Medical Arts. This personable individual will collaborate with members of the healthcare team to provide medical nutrition therapy, assess nutrition needs, and identify nutrient requirements according to age and disease-specific needs of primarily diabetic patients. This person will develop and implement patient nutrition-care plans, provide diabetes-nutrition education, and ensure compliance with quality assurance standards established by the American Diabetes Association, JCAHO, and our hospital. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing care to adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients on an independent, primarily outpatient basis.
- Providing consultation to inpatient dietitians as needed.
- Establishing a system for understanding and communicating effectively with physicians, patients, family members, and other health professionals.
- Developing a means of actively and continually exploring specific goals, problems, issues and needs with physicians and patients.
- Participating in marketing and media plans, and representing the Diabetes Center to physicians, local and national organizations, community groups, and health fairs.
- Participating in the ongoing evaluation of the nutrition portion of the program to maintain an evidence-based approach to diabetes care and self-management training.
- Taking an active role in the development and implementation of community outreach programs for target populations.
- Participating in data collection and analysis to meet outpatient program evaluation objectives for ADA accreditation.
- Taking part in quality-improvement activities and initiating services that clients request.
- Obtaining 30 hours of continuing professional education in diabetes or diabetes-related care every two years.
- Serving as a resource for the inpatient dietitian team and participating in inpatient rounding to provide education.
- Evaluating the need for new support groups and coordinating/leading existing support groups.
- Current IL RN license OR LDN license
- Bachelor's degree in nursing OR dietetics.
- If a dietitian, graduate of an accredited dietetic internship or coordinated program recognized through the American Dietetic Association.
- If a dietitian, Registered dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Certification as a diabetes instructor (CDE) or eligibility to sit for the exam within two years in a related clinical area.
- Maintenance of Certification of Diabetes Educator by the American Diabetes Association.
- Demonstrated ability to train and perform screening for patients and staff on blood glucose monitors and insulin pumps.
- Three or more years of progressive experience in a hospital or clinic setting, performing duties as a registered dietitian.
- CPR certification.
- Master's degree.
- Certificates in training for adult, pediatric, and adolescent weight management.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish.
- Ability to work effectively with professionals in diverse disciplines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
To explore career opportunities and apply online, visit centegra.org/jobs
EOE M/F/D/V PI96624952